Friday, July 10, 2009

Storm!

Last night we were sitting quietly playing a game when someone threw baseballs at our motor home...hard! Wait...it's hail. Just a few very large hailstones hitting the metal top of our home really hard. Lightening and thunder started far away and moved steadily closer until the world lit up and the earth shook. We could feel the ground shake with the thunder! It lasted about an hour with rain falling and hail coming and going. Mindy cowered in the corner and shook. I thought about joining her but decided it would be best to put on a brave face for her benefit. It reminded me of storms in Albuquerque when I was a kid. The elevation is about the same here (5000 feet) and it feels like you are much closer to the storm. When it got light this morning we went out to see if there was damage (people up and down the road were doing the same thing) but there didn't seem to be any dings in the jeep or motor home. Dodged that bullet! Just a little excitement to add to our pleasure!

We're going to drive the needles highway this morning and meet Clem's friend, Rich at Crazy Horse this afternoon. I'll have pictures and tales this evening. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Faffy I love your blog!! I wish I had known you were going to be in Paducah. I am only 45 minutes from there now. You remember when you and J stayed in Marion, IL?? That's where I live now......just a couple minutes from the interstate!! haha If you come back thru give me a holler'...............
    Stay safe and have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete