Thursday, July 30, 2009

Huckleberries



Everything here is huckleberry! I've seen lotions, candles, candies, pies, lip balm and various jars of huckleberry concoctions. Today Frank treated us to some of those wonders. Vickie and I had huckleberry ice cream and Bill and Frank had pie. Oh my!! The ice cream was a beautiful purple color with berries in a waffle cone and it was a little bit of heaven! Actually it was a LOT of heaven because it was huge! I thought I'd never finish such a big cone but I did. I tasted the pie and it was delicious too but I'm glad I had the ice cream. Vickie said the pie had too much cinnamon (is that possible?) but Bill ate every bite and said it was good. Huckleberries don't grow in our part of the country. They look just like a blueberry but they taste different. I am coming home with syrup, jam and various other goodies. YUM!


2 comments:

  1. Where is Huckleberries ? And where did you meet Frank & Vickie? Lov'in your trip !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. My memory is short. I now know who Vickie and Frank are. Soooo sorry. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete